[B-Greek] Greek-Hebrew Psalms Mapping (was Making Sense of the Septuagint)

Tom Moore tom at katabiblon.com
Sun Oct 4 00:05:12 EDT 2009

Stephen,

Here's a chapter mapping:

Gk. Psalm 1-8 = Heb. Psalm 1-8

Gk. Psalm 9 = Heb. Psalm 9-10
Gk. Psalm 10-112 = Heb. Psalm 11-113
Gk. Psalm 113 = Heb. Psalm 114-115
Gk. Psalm 114-115 = Heb. Psalm 116
Gk. Psalm 116-145 = Heb. Psalm 117-146
Gk. Psalm 146-147 = Heb. Psalm 147

Gk. Psalm 148-150 = Heb. Psalm 148-150
Gk. Psalm 151 = unique

In some chapters, the verses are also misaligned.

The Kata Biblon site maps the LXX to a Masoretic translation, so for quick reference you can look up a chapter there to see how it aligns with the tradition Psalm numbering:

http://en.katabiblon.com/us/index.php?text=LXX&book=Ps&ch=32

Regards,
Tom Moore