[B-Greek] question re phrase in Luke 2:34

Gerrit Van Vliet gerritvanv at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 3 18:04:06 EDT 2009

Hello, I am new to the B-GREEK discussion group and I have a question. Does  anyone know , or can anyone point me in the right direction to research if the term EIS PTOOSIN KAI ANASTASIN ('for the fall and rising again' ) as used in the KJV in Luke 2:34, has equivalency in Greek astronomical or (forgive me) astrological documentation available in the time Luke wrote his Gospel? I am aware that Luke sometimes used medical  terminology  I am questioning if possibly  here he used terms with astronomical connotation.

Thanks

Gerrit Van Vliet