[B-Greek] Thayer's Lexicon for Logos

Carl Conrad cwconrad2 at mac.com
Fri Oct 2 13:36:43 EDT 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 1:12 PM, Yancy Smith wrote:

> I assume you meant ἀμφισβήτησις.

Jawohl! As the professor in Munich wrote -- the only comment on my
seminar paper -- "It's quite obvious that you never learned the
accents; why don't you just omit them?"

> No quarrel here. It was obsolete while it was still on the presses.
> But why shouldn't LOGOS be happy? At $25.00 a pop they have a low
> cost, high profit for a public domain text. But the only usefulness
> of this Lexicon for NT studies is purely historical, if you are a
> lexicographer. Otherwise, use it as a doorstop or send a friend a
> pdf version for free.

I think I still have here an 1889 Liddell-Scott unabridged on my shelf
somewhere; I'd offer it for the cost of shipping to anyone who wants
an old and not so useful classic!