[B-Greek] Thayer's Lexicon for Logos

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 08:16:17 EDT 2009

Absolutely correct.  It must be remembered that Thayer died about the time the Oxyrhynchus Papyri were discovered which revolutionized Koine Greek lexicography so that he had no benefit of their discovery.  He still held that the NT was written in a "Holy Ghost" Greek which was thus different from normal Greek.  With the publication of Deissmann's _Light from the Ancient East_ and then Moulton and Milligan's _Vocabulary of the Greek New Testament_ all this was changed.
 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.