[B-Greek] Polis: Speaking Ancient Greek as a Living Language

Carl Conrad cwconrad2 at mac.com
Sun May 31 06:09:43 EDT 2009

On May 30, 2009, at 9:43 PM, Louis Sorenson wrote:

> Does anyone have an in on the forthcoming book (September 2009),
> Polis, Speaking Ancient Greek as a Living Language. ? What language
> leaning methods does this book use? (-- I have not had time to fully
> evaluate the site's 'THE POLIS METHOD').  The method is described on
> the web page.  How does this differ from Dr. Buth's method?  Is this
> the beginning of more than one text using living language methods?

In fact there's quite a bit of information available at the web-site: http://poliskoine.com/site/
Evidently it's a method developed by Christopher Rico at the École
Biblique in Jerusalem and being taught at the University of Santa
Croce in Rome. Randall must surely know something about this -- and I
wonder whether Bill Mounce hasn't had some awareness of it.