[B-Greek] Rm. 13:3b: "QELEIS..."

Richard Ghilardi qodeshlayhvh at juno.com
Sat May 30 00:20:09 EDT 2009

Hello Folks,

Evidently NA/GNT committee decided to reverse themselves on the
punctuation of Rm 13:3 in the mid '70's when the NA and the GNT were made
to conform to the newly edited text. Both NA26/27 and GNT3/4 punctuate
this clause with the high point. BUT GNT2 (and I presume GNT1 as well)
punctuates it as a question. Since I don't own a copy of any the editions
previous to NA26, I would appreciate it if any of you who have the Nestle
text, editons 21-25, could check in with the evidence from those texts.
(I specified editions 21-25 because Kurt Aland came on board as editor of
the Nestle text with the 21st edition.)

I do have a copy of the second edition (1958) of the British and Foreign
Bible Society's hH KAINH DIAQHKH edited by Dr. Erwin Nestle and G. D.
Kilpatrick. It punctuates as a question. So apparently the pre-Aland
Nestle used a question mark. What I'm wondering about is the period from
1952 to the mid '60's when Aland first came on board as editor. Can
anyone answer this for me?

On Fri, 29 May 2009 14:01:06 -0400 Nikolaos Adamou