[B-Greek] hAGNIZOMAI with the genitive in I Tr 3:13

Nikolaos Adamou nikolaos.adamou at hotmail.com
Tue May 26 10:04:25 EDT 2009

ἁγνὸς
                             Chaste / Pure

Chaste                             Αδιάφθορος

Pure                                Καθαρός

Dedicate                          Αφιερώστε

ἁγνίζομαι /
ἁγνίζεται          the
process of becoming ἁγνὸς

ἀφιερώνομαι                    the way of becoming ἁγνὸς,
by dedication

ἄμωμος                           blameless

It seems to me that there is no one to one relationship
between the Greek word ἁγνὸς
/ ἁγνίζομαι and one only English word.