[B-Greek] hAGNIZOMAI with the genitive in I Tr 3:13

Nikolaos Adamou nikolaos.adamou at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 13:13:20 EDT 2009

I agree with Carl, it has to be some textual variation.

Since I do not have an access to the text before and below this phrase i do not want to expand, but, "hAGVIZETAI hUMWN TO EMON PNEUMA" is problematic.
<hAGVIZETAI TO EMON PNEUMA> is meaningful.
<hAGVIZETAI hYPER hUMWN TO EMON PNEUMA> is also meaningful.

If you can give me the complete sentence, or even few sentences I can say more.

Hagnizomai, is a typical verb that its meaning is the action or the status that comes from the adjective.
Agnos, agne, agno
thus
agnizomai is the action of becoming agnos/e