[B-Greek] Need recommendations to relearn syntax

Mark Lightman lightmanmark at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 22:14:16 EDT 2009

Carl's suggestions are good.  I think one of Frank Beetham's books
might also help.  He has one on Plato, one on Homer and one
on the NT.  I haven't seen the one on the NT, but I found the other
two very helpful.  They have answers to the exercises and he explains
everything simply and clearly.  He gives more help than most textbooks,
and I got the feeling he really wants to help people learn Greek, and he
understands that some people need more help than others.  Plato's syntax
is of course more complicated than Homer's, but either way you will be reading
a genius.  But go with Homer.  It's summer and you want to have some fun.

For just grammar/syntax, Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics
may be good for you.  He presents things pretty simply and clearly, though
I found  A.T. Robertson or Max Zerwick more interesting.

Mark L.