[B-Greek] Typing Greek Accents

Louis Sorenson llsorenson at hotmail.com
Sat May 23 14:24:45 EDT 2009

Andrew,
There are several utilities to type Greek and Hebrew in unicode. The simplest is the Unicorn notepad utility
which can be found on the GreekStudy website (www.quasillum.com).  It's like a notepad utility, and does not allow a mixture of bold/regular text or simultaneous use of different fonts and font sizes. But it is extremely easy to use. Using
the Control+G key switches the background to green and you can begin
typing using betacode (English characters) for the Greek. Hit Control+G
again, and you switch back to English. If you select
Edit>Preferences>Windows (tab), you can select a Hebrew font and
Hebrew Keyboard if you want to type in Hebrew.

An alternative to using Unicorn (or a more complicated utility such as Tavultesoft Keyman) is the use the TypeGreek.com web utility and a similar TypeHebrew
utility. You can then copy and paste the text into your email. Be
warned however, that some email clients will hash/mash the Greek or
Hebrew Unicode characters.

A more expensive option is the Tavultesoft Keyman utilitiy hich costs about $45, Multikey is a similar free MS Windows based utility.
Louis Sorenson