[B-Greek] Greek Accents

Sarah Madden sarah.r.madden at gmail.com
Sat May 23 09:57:05 EDT 2009

You can download excellent fonts for free from BibleWorks.com. They're easy
to use -- but you need to embed them in documents for others to be able to
read them. You can add accents at will using the directions on  the site. I
can send you (offline) directions if it's hard to access on the site.
Also -- I just purchased the BibleWorks version 8 software program, and the
Bible text uses Palatino Linotype, which can be read even in e-mails, and
seems to be universal. However, each letter is its own symbol (e.g., an
alpha with a smooth breathing mark is one symbol, an alpha with a smooth
breathing mark AND an acute accent is another symbol), so its benefit is for
copying Bible text. The downloadable fonts, though, are great for typing --
I've been using them for 10 years.

Sarah