[B-Greek] Time, Aspect & Aktionsart

Richard Lindeman oblchurch at msn.com
Wed May 13 09:36:01 EDT 2009

For those of you that are in agreement that time(both relative and non relative time) is encoded in the Greek verbal tense forms I have a question...

Is there basic agreement that time comes promirily as the byproduct of verbal aspect rather than as a separate and independent element of tense?
And if the answer to that question is yes, then a second question I have is this...
What affect if any does verbal aktionsart have upon time when it interacts with verbal aspect?

Rich Lindeman