[B-Greek] Present tense for future events (was 1 John 1.9)

Michael Aubrey mga318 at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 12:26:00 EDT 2009

Its not so much that he's rejected it. Its that he's redefined it. The distinctions we
make between past and present, Porter makes between Remote & Non-remote.
Porter's view actually results from John Lyons, Semantics Vol 2, page 819-820,
though he takes the concept in a different direction than Lyons. I actually just wrote
about this issue with respect to English grammar:

http://evepheso.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/remoteness-tense-in-english-and-greek/

Mike Aubrey