[B-Greek] Help with Hebrews 4:2

Alastair Haines haines at alastairs.com
Sun May 3 20:16:37 EDT 2009

Thank you Carl,

yes, I hadn't intended "double dative" in a technical sense, I was just
echoing an earlier post that used those words.
I think my spur of the moment proposal, based on the idea that oblique cases
add arguments to predicates, needs work.
I don't think it's unusual for verbs to take extra arguments in the dative
where the sense demands it.
However, is that so here?
As you say, it's a challenging piece of writing.
I appreciate the way you've kept opening doors to getting at its meaning
rather than closing them.

alastair