[B-Greek] Didache's use of Apostles/Prophets to Apostle/Prophet

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Sun May 3 01:12:13 EDT 2009

Dear Mitch,

It would not surprise me that reference to "apostles and teachers" is used
interchangeably with "prophets" since the book is very close in its use of the
LXX, quoting Matthew almost verbatim, use of literal interpretation instead of
allegorical interpretation.

William Varner, Greek professor at The Master's College, has written on The
Didache, both in articles and book form.

Article:
    The Didache's Use of the Old and New Testament, TMSJ 16/1 (Spring 2005)
127-151.

What the "Teaching" Can Teach Us, Christianity Today, June, 2006.

Book:

    The Way of the Didache: The First Christian Handbook.
Publisher: University Press of America
Pub. Date: February 2007
ISBN: 0761837140
ISBN-13: 9780761837145
154pp

Aaron Milavec,
    The Didache: Faith, Hope, & Life of the Earliest Christian Communities,
50-70 C.E. (Hardcover)

These are the two most recent works.

En Xristwi,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III