[B-Greek] Help with Hebrews 4:2

Alan Martin martinv at fredericktown.k12.mo.us
Sat May 2 12:16:07 EDT 2009

This is my first posted question.  I am grateful for this resource.

My question regards the Perfect Participle translated "having been mixed
together".
I noticed that it is a masculine, accusative, plural, probably modifying
the demonstrative pronoun ekeinous.  My question is how does the perfect
participle make sense translated as a passive voice rather than a
middle.  It seems to me that a middle voice makes more sense, but I am
still unsure.

Thank you ahead of time for your help.  I am still very far from
advanced in my study, I am simply a pastor seeking to rightly divide the
word of truth.

AM