[B-Greek] TETRAGWNOS

Fridolin Janzen fjanzen at gmx.net
Fri May 1 11:57:11 EDT 2009

Dear friends,

I have a problem with the meaning given to TETRAGWNOS in Revelation  21:16:
foursquare, square or four cornered. How can a city be tridimensional (as
the measures given demonstrate) and be square? Since the oracle of the
temple was a cube (I Kings 6;20) and is the shade of New Jerusalem,
shouldn’t TETRAGWNOS be translated as "cube" or "cubic" instead of "square"?
This seems to be the only use of the word in the NT. Is there any other use
of the word in secular literature where it could be understood as meaning
"cubic"?

Abraços,

Pastor Fridolin Janzen
www.origemedestino.org.br