[B-Greek] translation strategies

Eddie Mishoe edmishoe at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 17:48:05 EDT 2009

Carl concludes:

One wonders (i.e. I wonder) how Greek-speakers who know no
> English
> ever succeeded in understanding spoken and written Greek
> without ever
> having first learned English so as to know what a spoken or
> written
> Greek expression means.

I am assuming Carl is not serious, or he's showing early signs of dementia :o )

The topic here Carl is translation, translation, translation... FROM ONE LANGUAGE -- COMPLETELY OVER TO -- ANOTHER LANGUAGE, something your native Greeks had no need of, unless of course they were translating a text into English, which brings us back to the topic of thread... "TRANSLATION" strategies.

But I like your approach. I think I'll tell my English teacher that I can't understand her tests because I don't know Chinese :o p

Eddie Mishoe
Pastor