[B-Greek] Absent Definite Article strips Personality from The Holy Spirit

Vasileios Tsialas tsialas78 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:54:59 EDT 2009

The
argument of Insight doesn't say that merely the often absence
of the article for
"spirit" proves the lack of its personality
but that it indicates that. Why? In
contrast with words like "God,"
 "earth," and "heaven,", which were mentioned before,
the word "spirit" has
multiple applications and meanings,
and the often lack of the article makes the "spirit"
more abstract.
This is what Insight says. The word "God," on the contrary,
is
rarely used to denote anyone else but the Father of Jesus Christ,
the Creator
of the universe. Syntactically, many times it stands like a proper name.
 This
is not the case with "spirit".

Anyway, the
whole case is not strictly grammatical but mostly exegetical.
 Grammar plays only a
secondary role in this subject.