[B-Greek] 2 Cor 5:7

Carl Conrad cwconrad2 at mac.com
Wed Jun 10 13:03:49 EDT 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Lauren Albrecht wrote:

> 2 Cor 5:7
> Anyone know why KJV has this whole Scripture in parenthesis?  I
> haven't found much on the subject of 'walking by faith'; which is
> actually walking through (dia Strong# 1223). Any previous blogs on
> this subject?
> Thanks if this 'makes it' to the question forum.

Note that it is in parentheses, not in brackets, which latter might
seem to indicate some question about reliability of the Greek text
being translated. I think the parentheses here simply mean that the
editors understood this sentence as an explanatory note about the
proposition just stated previous to this. The verse in question is
certainly present in the TR, from which KJV translated.