[B-Greek] EKSESTIN + acc + infinitive?

Richard Ghilardi qodeshlayhvh at juno.com
Wed Jun 3 10:35:44 EDT 2009

Hello Folks,

Many thanks to Drs. Buth and Conrad for the clarifications and further
explanations.

Dr. Conrad writes:

<< Randall in his message cited Luke 20:22 [EXESTIN hHMAS
KAISARI FORON DOUNAI H OU]. I'd have to call that an unimpeachable NT
Koine instance of an accusative used with EXESTIN and infinitive. >>

RG: Yes, of course. I wrote in the absence of the original responses by
Buth and Conrad, and my memory failed me with regard to this most
appropriate citation of Luke. My presbyopic eyes also failed me when I
was doing the concordance search, skipping right over this verse. Mea
culpa.

Yours in His grace,

Richard Ghilardi - qodeshlayhvh at juno.com
West Haven, Connecticut USA