[B-Greek] Perseus on your local PC!

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Sat May 31 14:58:42 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis Sorenson" <llsorenson at hotmail.com>
To: "B-Greek List mail to all" <b-greek at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2008 1:28 PM
Subject: [B-Greek] Perseus on your local PC!

>>For those who are unaware, Perseus can be downloaded and stored locally on
>>your computer.  I have not tried this as of yet.  If you are interested,
>>go to http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/ .  If anyone has tried this, I
>>think all would be interested to know how it turned out.  Are the
>>morphology/parsing tools part of the install?<<

"Currently, the hopper will not install on Windows machines. It generates
files with names that are illegal on Windows.
There are no immediate plans to fix this problem as it affects many aspects
of the system. If you are interested in looking into this problem, please
contact us and we can give you the information we have on the issue.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. "

The word "compile" is a big clue that it's a Unix or Linux thing.

N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Fecisti nos ad te et inquietum est cor nostrum, donec requiescat in te...
    -- Augustine, Confessions 1:1

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry/
http://my.opera.com/BarryHofstetter/blog/