[B-Greek] [SUSPECTED JUNK EMAIL] Re: LXX Genesis 1:2 - tohu as AORATOS

Albert Pietersma albert.pietersma at sympatico.ca
Wed May 28 20:32:47 EDT 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 7:08 PM, George F Somsel wrote:

> I wouldn't conclude anything from how the NETS translator rendered
> AORATOS regarding how the LXX understood the term.
The NETS translator does indeed attempt to reflect the sense of the
Greek and to that extent one can conclude from his (Hiebert's)
translation the sense of the Greek. Needless, NETS translators are
human and therefore, like all translators, may be in error. In that
case, we trust that readers of NETS will alert the editors to the
erroneous translation. Each error corrected is a small step closer to
perfection.
Al
>   Hopefully the NETS translator has translated responsibly;
> however, it only reveals how the NETS translator understood the LXX
> usage.
>
> george
> gfsomsel
>

> … search for truth, hear truth,