[B-Greek] Reading Instead of Dissecting

David Pettys david.pettys at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 17:12:37 EDT 2008

I have a very simple, but important question.  How does one read the Greek text of the New
Testament without attempting to "dissect" it?

By dissect, I mean consciously parse, decline, or otherwise
"translate" it..  My goal is to
actually read the text before me without converting it to my native
language.  Unfortunately, I consistently
find myself tearing the sentence apart into smaller pieces and analyzing
it.  I don't read English in this manner.

I have a year’s worth of study behind me.  Is this habit of mine something that will go
away once I have more “experience” with the text?

Thank You,

David Pettys