[B-Greek] Computer analyses of Greek words (NT and OT, and extra-biblical if possible)

James Tauber jtauber at jtauber.com
Thu May 22 10:05:36 EDT 2008

It was the desire to do this back in 1993 that led to me starting
working on MorphGNT.

Most of my analysis ever since has been along the lines you describe
except that around 1998, I switched from Perl to Python :-)

A lot of the counts I've provided over the years on this list were
achieved just with MorphGNT + grep + awk + sort + uniq

In fact, as I discussed at my BibleTech talk earlier this year, my
1994 book "Index to the Greek New Testament" was really just a typeset
version of the results of a single-line command (using just awk and
sort)

The point is, of course, that it's the data that is important. With
richly annotated data, you can do amazing analyses with very little
code.

James