[B-Greek] Computer analyses of Greek words (NT and OT, and extra-biblical if possible)

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 09:49:57 EDT 2008

> There are various options for each of the tasks you describe. I'll take them individually.
>
>> I would like to see every time the verb XYZ occurs in
>> the Greek OT and NT (not necessarily give each
>> passage; I'm looking more for summary data).

I have found that the general text processing tools on linux or cygwin are incredibly
flexible and routinely use them for ad-hoc analysis of  English documents.
I have never used unicode/wide-character or other character sets but I would
definitely suggest looking into these options if you have not already ruled them out.

( http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=unicode+grep+cygwin )

You can handle many tense/grammar issues with "Regular expressions" or
related concepts.

You can write a few lines of PERL to generate a complete table of contents and
making special purpose versions isn't very difficult.

If you google terms like "grep" or "perl" you can get some idea what I am talking about
and you have the benefit of learning how to use more general purpose tools.

Then, if want to take this approach, you can install cygwin on any windows system and
play around until you get some comfort with the approach.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka at hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: Hotmail is possibly blocking my mom's entire
ISP - try  me on marchywka at yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.