[B-Greek] koine to classical (not!)

Ron Fay roncfay at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 09:42:23 EDT 2008

Personally, I have found that Classical has helped me know my grammar much better than the majority of my peers in NT studies. You come across more difficult grammatical formulations earlier on and more frequently, you learn the uses of participles in a more stable environment and structure is a little less fluid than in the NT. I think moving from Koine to Classical is a more difficult move, but certainly a laudable move.

Having had both Classical and Koine, and having taught some of each, I highly recommend taking some Classical. Just stay away from Homer.

- Ron

Ron C. Fay, PhD
Cornerstone Community Church
Wadsworth, IL