[B-Greek] Koine to Classical

James Spinti JSpinti at Eisenbrauns.com
Mon May 19 09:15:50 EDT 2008

It might not be the preferred method, but if you already have some
Koine, why not? I learned Koine the first year and then did classical
and went on to graduate work in classical.

Others will undoubtedly have other ideas :) But, I suggest grabbing some
Xenophon or Lucian (Vera Historia is a blast)--Theophrastus is fun,
too--, a copy of Smyth's grammar, an intermediate LSJ (the "Middle
Liddell") and reading. A paradigm list for verbs would help with the
optative.

There used to be a nice little summary of syntax based on Xenophon by
Bevier from Caratzas Brothers, but it appears to be out of print
(http://used.addall.com/SuperRare/RefineRare.fcgi?id=080519060957061720
tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/5wd4hy). Maybe there is a copy floating
around on the Internet, since it was pre-copyright. You might find that
helpful.

Enjoy,
James

James Spinti