[B-Greek] recommendation: gadget?

Bill Barton phos at windstream.net
Sat May 17 15:44:35 EDT 2008

On May 17, 12:08 PM Susan Jeffers wrote,

>which pda do you use, and how do you like it?  I don't know ANYTHING about pdas and their relative merits.>

I went to Best Buy and picked out a Palm Zire 72s.  My choice was somewhat arbitrary--I'm certainly not a pda expert.

My main use of the pda is for appointments.  It also has an electronic scratch pad which I find handy.  And I downloaded a scientific calculator which I use occasionally.  IOW I'm just a "basics" user.  Other people put all kinds of things on their pda's, including global positioning software.

The major selling point to me is that a pda is pocket-sized, so it's easy to take along everywhere.  I always have mine with me.

Back to the topic: I found some free software from Olive Tree on the internet which I downloaded to the pda.  The software includes a simple English translation called "God's Word," a Vulgate OT/NT, and a Greek NT (Byzantine text).

This is just for casual use.  I can read.  I can search for verses and for English words.  I can't search on Greek or Latin.  I have no Septuagint and I have no Hebrew at all.

I'd expect that the paid-versions from Olive Tree are MUCH better than the primitive free versions I have.

Of course on my pc I have BibleWorks which has far more capability then I could ever use.

Regards,

Bill Barton