[B-Greek] Episunagoge

Steven Shannon stevenmarshallshannon at gmail.com
Fri May 16 15:51:41 EDT 2008

It seems that Hebrews 10:25 is referring to the coming of the Lord, the day
when we are gathered together with Him, rather than referring to the
responsibility we have in attending church as evidenced by the fact that the
Greek feminine noun episunagoge appears as a singular noun in the accusative
case 'episunagogen', and therefore in agreement with the Greek feminine noun
hemera which also appears as singular noun in the accusative case 'hemeran'.

The only time episunagoge occurs elsewhere in the New Testament is in 2
Thessalonians 2:1 where it is used in regard to our being gathered together
with Christ at His coming.