[B-Greek] Teach Nouns or Verbs first?

vunzndi at vfemail.net vunzndi at vfemail.net
Thu May 15 21:50:17 EDT 2008

As noted clearly below - the key is meaningful. Also it should be
noted that meaningful is to a degree audience dependent. A few visual
aids can help, the teacher bringing in a family photo - this is my
son/wife/husband/... . Pictures  or models enable one to talk about
sheep, goats, houses and boats and many other concrete objects fairly
easily.

It is much more productive to learn sentances and phraes rather that
lists of words.

Though the are frequent discussions about accent (pronunciation), for
the point of view of learning/internalising, any consistent accent
will achieve results.

John Knightley