[B-Greek] hO QEOS in ROM. 1:28

Elizabeth Kline kline_dekooning at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 01:05:22 EDT 2008

ROM. 1:28 KAI KAQWS OUK EDOKIMASAN TON QEON ECEIN EN EPIGNWSEI,
PAREDWKEN AUTOUS hO QEOS EIS ADOKIMON NOUN, ...

On May 14, 2008, at 6:47 AM, Vasile Stancu wrote:

> When I first read it (the passage under discussion), I simply had the
> impression that the author felt that hO QEOS was necessary ...

Yes, but necessary for what reason? Assuming with Fitzmyer that a full
noun phrase is not required to identify the subject of PAREDWKEN, then
I am suggesting we look elsewhere to explain the presence of hO QEOS.

Elizabeth Kline