[B-Greek] Aorist as Verbal Aspect

Dr. Don Wilkins drdwilkins at verizon.net
Mon May 12 15:56:23 EDT 2008

I applaud Randall in his pointing out the significance of the
augment, which aspect-only advocates must explain away to maintain
their positions, though I think they have contributed something to
our understanding of Greek grammar. When you remove the augment by
employing a mood other than the indicative, you do find the aorist
used of the present, and even of the future. But most statements are
in the indicative, where the aorist is virtually confined to past
time. I would also submit that all tenses and moods are necessarily
subjective portrayals of events. You can see this in the fact that
the indicative is the more neutral, "objective" mood, yet most lies
are told in the indicative.

Don Wilkins