[B-Greek] Suggestions for self-teaching Greek

Jamie Macleod pocketscholar at shaw.ca
Mon May 12 11:32:42 EDT 2008

Kevin,

>From one self learner to another, I would stick with Mounce. I worked through Mounce’s Grammar and lectures, completing them a few months ago. Mounce may or may not be the best grammar but the supporting materials are good for the self learner. Buy the lectures and the workbook. Download the workbook answer key and the free flash card program from his website. Also, most other flash card programs have a card deck that ties to Mounce’s grammar.

I don't think you can necessarily back yourself into a corner. I have started to look at Introduction to Attic Greek by Donald J. Mastronarde (on the recommendation of Carl Conrad) in order to give myself a better background and I am not seeing anything terribly difficult. Keep an open mind, read different authorities on the subject, stay humble and have fun.

Jamie Macleod