[B-Greek] Suggestions for self-teaching Greek

Kevin Jackson gods.geek at gmail.com
Fri May 9 23:33:37 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and I have a question.  I
want to learn Greek (hence my lurking here), but don't know the best place
to start.

Basically I want to learn on my own right now with an eye toward taking a
more formal course later.  I've looked at a lot of different materials, but
I'm just not sure where to start.  I don't want to end up backing myself
into a corner where I have to unlearn or relearn when I move on.

Originally I was leaning toward Mounce's materials, but then discovered
Athenaze, but I did't know if that would be suitable for self-study.  Would
you recommend either of those or is there something else that would be
better.

Thanks for your help.

--
By Faith and in His Grace,
Kevin Jackson

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise,
and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things
which are mighty . . . .

1 Cor 1:27