[B-Greek] Mark 12.24

Mitch Larramore mitchlarramore at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 08:22:51 EDT 2008

> > EFH AUTOIS hO IHSOUS OU DIA TOUTO PLANASQE MH
> EIDOTES
> > TAS GRAFAS MHDE THN DUNAMIN TOU QEOU

> (1) Your proposal seems to ignore the OU which
> precedes and turns DIA
> TOUTO PLANASQE into a question with the reason for
> the "difficulty"
> with the question raised highlighted at the outset:
> "Isn't THIS the
> reason for your confusion? -- that you don't know
> the scriptures nor
> God's power either?" The initial OU makes this a
> question that expects
> a "yes" answer.

But my question does not seem to be affected by the
OU. I am expecting a yes answer. Isn't THIS (your
presuppositions and methodology) the reason for your
confusion? Yes, it is. And as a result of your
presuppositions and methodology you do not know...

> (2) I wouldn't be so quick to call Sadducean
> hermeneutics "silly";
> like other methodologies for interpretation, this
> one involves certain
> assumptions about the boundaries of the canon of
> scripture (Torah
> only) and whether that canon should be interpreted
> in terms of
> original intention or in terms of present-day
> circumstances.

I called it "silly" because Jesus himself faults them
for not knowing the Scriptures. His issue wasn't with
some hermeneutics, but with their heart. They were
overlooking the obvious because their presuppositions
blinded them. In other words, Jesus exposes their
childish approach to Scripture; their interpretation
resulted from this childish, silly approach, unless
your implying that Jesus is just some Joe Schmoe.

Mitch Larramore
Sugar Land, Texas