[B-Greek] The font Koine italics (tue type)

Carl Conrad cwconrad2 at mac.com
Sun May 4 19:45:51 EDT 2008

On May 4, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Guillermo Méndez wrote:

> Few Months ago, I found myself working with the koine italics font
> which I enjoy very much, but I want to know how popular this font
> is. I am planning a publication, and want to find out, how "serious"
> this font is? Is any body out there using it? or anybody who really
> dislikes it? By the way, what is the official font so that comments
> and opinions of B-Greek are shown in greek?

B-Greek policy regarding citation of Greek texts is clearly stated in
our FAQ (http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/faq.html):

"Greek citations in messages posted to B-Greek may be formulated in
plain-text Unicode (UTF-8), but for the sake of list-members who have
problems reading or typing Unicode, such citations should at the same
time be formulated in BG-transliteration, in accordance with the
following pattern:

         John 1:1 ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ
λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν,  καὶ θεὸς ἦν
ὁ λόγος.
         John 1:1: EN ARCHi HN hO LOGOS, KAI hO LOGOS HN PROS TON
QEON, KAI QEOS HN hO LOGOS."

Carl W. Conrad
Co-Chair, B-Greek List