[B-Greek] Tips for first-time teaching of NT Greek?

Kenneth Litwak javajedi2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 01:54:22 EDT 2008

  In teh Fall, I"m gong to have the great opportunity
to teach NT Greekj.  I've not done that ever before,
even though I've wanted to do so for a long time. The
course is an intensive, 12 units of Greek, the whole
first year, in one quarter.  The standard textbook
(though I don't think I have to use it) is Mounce (I
learned using Machen, long before Mounce's book
existed).  From looking at Rod Decker's web site, I
got some other ideas about things to potentially also
bring in.  However, I would just like to know if
anyone has tips for a first-timer, as this is unlike
any course I've taught before.  Conveying information
on, say, Acts, is totally different from teaching the
1 Aorist forms.   I've looked around search results
from Google for tips but not found much taht I thought
was useful. Of course, I got way many more hits than I
examined, so theer may be gold out thjere I didn't
look at.  Thanks.

Ken Litwak