[B-Greek] UBS4-NA27 disagreements

Richard Wilson richard at laparola.net
Sat Sep 29 02:48:51 EDT 2007

My apologies for a few typing and copying errors in my previous message. Rom
11:25 and 1Cor 11:26 were copy and paste errors by me, they should both have
read
UBS: ἄχρις (ACRIS)
NA: ἄχρι (ACRI)
ie NA is different to what I wrote, as was noted. MH TIGE was another copy
and paste error, it should have been MHTI GE. I also wrote 1Cor 16:3 instead
of 1Cor 6:3.

I was using an 1994 printing of UBS4. It looks like the differences in Matt
27:37 and Rom 15:9 no longer exist in the latest (2001) printing (they both
look like typographical errors anyway, which their correction confirms). In
Mat 13:27, my copy of NA27 (2001 edition) has a smooth breathing on the
omicron before Jesus rather than a rough breathing. But it is just a
typographical error which no doubt was corrected in other editions, which is
why I just mentioned it in passing rather than including it in my list.

That leaves 9 differences in the current edition of NA and UBS (Acts 7:16,
47; 17:7; Rom 11:25; 16:7; 1Cor 6:3; 11:26; 2Cor 8:5; 11:25), of which only
one is significant. I don't know if the
clustering in Acts-2Cor means anything!

Richard Wilson
Trento, Italy