[B-Greek] 1 Tim 5:23 TON STOMACON and ASQENEIAS

Delbert Flora delbert.flora at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:37:56 EDT 2007

MHKETI hUDROPOTEI ALLA OINWi OLIGWi CRW DIA TON STOMACON KAI TAS PUKNAS SOU ASQENEIAS

The wording of the verse seems fairly ambiguous. Since there really is no context to "connect the dots" here, is there any extra-biblical usage that would help us understand what TON STOMACON refers to and what are the options for ASQENEIAS? One source I've checked relates Timothy's condition to his youth (which seems to be making him nervous or intimidated, but this seemed like a stretch to me).
Kindly,Delbert Flora