[B-Greek] FW: [SUSPECTED JUNK EMAIL] 5 fold ministry gift

Iver Larsen iver_larsen at sil.org
Thu Sep 20 06:31:45 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Austin Reimer" <jerry at lsm.org>
To: <B-Greek at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: 19. september 2007 23:00
Subject: [B-Greek] FW: [SUSPECTED JUNK EMAIL] 5 fold ministry gift

> If Granville Sharp's rule applies here (and I think that it does) then the
> fact that these two nouns are under one article (even though they are plural
> nouns) should go a long way toward identifiying the two as descriptions or
> functions of one person. The front slash should be right (pastor/teacher).
>
> Jerry Reimer

This rule does not imply when the nouns are in plural. You will find earlier posts on this topic by
searching for Eph. 4:11 (18.04.06 etc.) or by searching for POIMHN - and maybe others that I don't
remember. The text itself is not clear or decisive, so it depends on our understanding of how the
shepherds and teachers functioned in NT times.

Iver Larsen