[B-Greek] Model of spatial aspects

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Wed Sep 19 15:44:44 EDT 2007

On Sep 19, 2007, at 3:12 PM, Don Dwight wrote:

> Greetings,
> Request your comments on this model so this beginner can get on
> with his
> study of the GNT.
> I made this model to help me to understand how the Greek verb and
> nominals might function in the mind of those speaking Koine Greek
> during
> the Roman Period.
> What started me down this path was the continuing result of the
> present
> perfect and the simple past of the global aorist.

I find it personally very difficult to make much sense of this
schematization. I recognize 3 sg. forms of future, imperfect,
present, aorist,  present perfect, pluperfect, and aorist again, but
the meanings of the definitions and the intended functions of the
various case-forms of the noun KOSMOS escape me altogether. I don't
understand what EPOIEI KOSMOU, POIEI KOSMOS, PEPOIHKEN KOSMON,
PEPOIHKEI KOSMWi are supposed to mean. Nor do I understand how the
citation from Aristotle's Poetics is particularly relevant to what is
formulated here. Evidently there is quite a bit here intended that
eludes me altogether.