[B-Greek] Model of spatial aspects

Don Dwight dddwight1234 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 19 15:12:00 EDT 2007

Greetings,
Request your comments on this model so this beginner can get on with his
study of the GNT.
I made this model to help me to understand how the Greek verb and
nominals might function in the mind of those speaking Koine Greek during
the Roman Period.
What started me down this path was the continuing result of the present
perfect and the simple past of the global aorist.

Model of the Spatial Aspects of the Greek Verb and Nominals

ποιήσει  POIHSEI
The event viewed as a whole from the beginning with the causes and the
effect continuing at rest

ἐποίει  EPOIEI
κόσμου  KOSMOU
The event viewed as a whole from the beginning with the causes
transitioning from rest to motion and the effect continuing at rest

ποιεῖ  POIEI
κόσμος  KOSMOS
The event viewed as a whole from the middle with the causes continuing
in motion and the effect transitioning from rest to motion

ἐποίησεν  EPOIHSEN
The event viewed as a whole from the middle with the causes and the
effect continuing in motion

πεποίηκεν  PEPOIHKEN
κόσμον  KOSMON
The event viewed as a whole from the middle with the effect continuing
in motion and the causes transitioning from motion to rest

πεποιήκει  PEPOIHKEI
κόσμῳ  KOSMWi
The event viewed as a whole from the ending with the effect
transitioning from motion to rest and the causes continuing at rest

ἐποίησεν  EPOIHSEN
The event viewed as a whole from the ending with the effect and the
causes continuing at rest

Perspective
A whole has three parts: a beginning, middle and ending. (Aristotle,
Poetics)
The event is viewed as a whole from the beginning, middle, or ending.
An event is the causing of an effect.
The causes of an effect are at rest, in motion, or transitioning from
rest to motion or from motion to rest.
An effect of the causes is at rest, in motion, or transitioning from
rest to motion or from motion to rest.
Rest is how a thing is, and is constant if continuing or is variable if
transitioning.
Motion is a difference between rests, and is constant if continuing or
is variable if transitioning.

sincerely,
Donald D. Dwight
Monterey, California