[B-Greek] Ann: Strong's Greek dictionary in XML, version 1.4

Ulrik Petersen ulrikp at hum.aau.dk
Thu Sep 13 20:54:59 EDT 2007

List,

I have released version 1.4 of "my" Strong's Greek Dictionary in XML:

http://morphgnt.org/projects/strongs-dictionary

It is also available as a searchable web-application here:

http://ulrikp.dk/strongsgreek/

The web-application is meant for ordinary users to enjoy.  The XML
version is meant for programmers to create Bible study software.

My version differs from most electronic versions in that it has:

- Real Greek in Unicode.
- Transliterations in SBL-style transliteration.
- Fixes to the text in numerous places, to be in conformance with the
printed Strong's dictionary.
- XML markup of where the derivation, definition, and KJV usage start
and stop.

Release notes for this release are below.

Enjoy!

Ulrik Petersen

Version 1.4 (2007-09-14)

- Changed the Greek of a 26 entries, to be in conformance with the
  printed edition: 234, 493, 527, 703, 902, 965, 993, 1361, 1420,
  1502, 1503, 1541, 1695, 2216, 2256, 2636, 2810, 3103, 3116, 3138,
  3198, 4609, 4770, 4949, 5253, 5592.

- Moved some words between the various parts (i.e., derivation;
  definition; KJV-definition), to where they belong logically.

- Added some missing derivations.

- Fixed a lot of typos in the text.