[B-Greek] Marketing Biblical Greek

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Tue Sep 11 07:17:45 EDT 2007

I have found in this morning's perusal of the "Biblioblogs" another
item on Biblical Greek (and Hebrew) pedagogy. Posted yesterday on the
Logos Bible Software Blog, it is entitled "Original Language Study: A
Boutique Specialty." You can find it at:

http://blog.logos.com/archives/2007/09/boutique_specialty.html
= http://tinyurl.com/2xormj

Judging from the tenor of the numerous comments appended to it, I
suspect that many will applaud what's set forth in this essay. I have
my own doubts whether it is understanding the Biblical text or
acquisition of competence in reading  Biblical Greek or something
else that is being marketed here. It is the "reverse interlinear"
that is being promoted here: you start with an English translation
and somehow you work back toward an understanding of the Greek text
and thereby you learn Greek.