[B-Greek] Idioms of the Greek New Testament

Webb webb at selftest.net
Fri Sep 7 19:19:30 EDT 2007

Dear John,
I was Porter's desk editor for that volume, and my take is that he intended
it for a second-year NT Greek textbook--or perhaps as a desk reference for
people who had done a couple of years of NT Greek. It's interesting for its
radically aspect-centered approach to verbs, which could be a useful
counterpoint if one has been taught with a more traditional approach. So
it's not really intended as a primer in biblical Greek, nor is it intended
as a reference grammar. I tend to consult it first on simpler questions,
then move on to Zerwick's Biblical Greek and BDF. I suppose I really ought
to buy Robertson and Smythe too.

Webb Mealy