[B-Greek] Ancient Pagan Creeds?

Ed Garcia Ed.Garcia at FHLBTopeka.com
Fri Sep 7 15:11:49 EDT 2007

Greetings,
A group of us are reading Plato's Symposium and we came upon section
211. One of our members felt that this section of the text sounded like
a creed. He then posed the question, are there writings in pagan
pre-christian Greek that resemble a Christian creed? He also wondered if
anyone else viewed this passage as he did. Since this question does not
deal with Koine please feel free to respond off-line. Thank you.

Ed in Kansas

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the intended recipient. The information contained
herein may be legally privileged, proprietary or subject to copyright or
trademark protection or may  constitute material, non-public
information regarding the sender, subject to protection under federal
or state law or regulations. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any use, copying or distribution of this information
is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil
penalties. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail reply and delete this e-mail from your
computer. Thank you for your cooperation.
FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANK OF TOPEKA [FHLBInfo at fhlbtopeka.com]