[B-Greek] MENOUN in Acts 14:3??

Webb webb at selftest.net
Thu Sep 6 18:05:10 EDT 2007

Dear Bryant,
If I'm not forgetting something, the Greek uncials have no spaces between
words, so MENOUN and MEN OUN are orthographically indistinguishable. Which I
would think makes it decisive that no miniscules are listed in NA as
treating it as MENOUN. I should think that gives the death-knell to the
notion that it might mean "Nevertheless". Maybe "Then again" would work,
being mildly concessive. But Luke appears to use it pretty often as a
narrative connector without any concessive force at all.

Webb Mealy