[B-Greek] Acts 13:32-33

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Tue Sep 4 14:38:09 EDT 2007

Dear Iver,

I am more inclined to view the following:

1. hOTI TAUTHN hO QEOS EKPEPLHRWKEN TOIS TEKNOIS [AUTWN] hHMIN as completing the
statement of promise in verse 32.

2. hHMIN goes with TOIS TEKNOIS not with ANASTHSAS.

3. My translation would be "that this [promise ( referring to EPANGELIAN by
agreement in vs. 32)] God has fulfilled to us their children.."

4. This also reflects the fact that I am taking the AUTWN hHMIN as being the
correct reading in the text versus AUTWN hHMWN.  "And we bring to you the good
news that what God promised to the fathers, this he has fulfilled to us their
children having raised Jesus; ..."

5. AVASTHSAS as the participle is Ist Aor. Act. Nom. Sing. Masc. I take it that
since the main verb is EKPEPLHRWKE[N], which is Perfect Active 3rd Sing of
EKPLHROW, that AVASTHSAS should be translated as "having raised" reflecting that
Perfective force.

En Xristwi,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III