[B-Greek] Mastronarde

Carl W. Conrad cwconrad at artsci.wustl.edu
Wed Oct 31 17:05:48 EDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 2:30 PM, Stephen Baldwin wrote:

> According to the site, the sale ends on Nov 7thhttp://
> www.ucpress.edu/books/sale/index.html
>
> DoctorC: Are you recommending this book to the novices in addition
> to drawing our attention to it? :-)

I was drawing attention to what appears to be a good deal. I don't
particularly recommend the traditional approach to learning Biblical
or Attic Greek, but Mastronarde is one of the better traditional type
textbooks for Attic Greek. Another very good one is Hansen and Quinn,
_Greek: An Intensive Course_ (http://tinyurl.com/32vgj2). Personally
I preferred to teach using the JACT _Reading Greek_ series (http://
tinyurl.com/2lfndv -- but one needs both the Reading book and the
Grammar book).